Latest UPSC 2021 National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), Notification Out
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2021 Jobs in Across India: On 09.06.2021, UPSC announced job notification for the post of National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2021 has been released officially. 12TH pass Can apply for this job openings. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria alone can apply on the official website upsc.gov.in. The application process ends on 29.06.2021.
UPSC Recruitment 2021
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2021 Jobs
No of Posts
Across India Jobs
Last Date to Apply
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
1. Exam Name: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2021
2. The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:
i. National Defence Academy: 370 to include 208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force (including 28 for ground Duties)
ii. Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 30
3. Total No of Posts: 400
4. Educational Qualifications:
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
iii. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
iv. Such candidates who qualify the SSB interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB interview should forward duly self attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block.III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by 24th June, 2022 failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
v. All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of attending the SSB interview and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities are not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the Institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates.
vi. Certified true copies/photostate copies of such certificates will not be accepted. In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
5. Examination Notice No.10/2021-NDA-II
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2003 and not later than 1st January, 2006 are eligible.
Candidates (excepting SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs specified in Note 2 below who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card
(i) A candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online Application Form the Services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference [1 to 4]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments
(ii) Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no other service(s). No request for addition/alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his application will be entertained by the Commission.
(iii) Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the written examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
iv. Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
v. Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
vi. The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in the respective column of the Online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
vii. The candidates should also note that no addition/deletion/any changes are allowed in online application form in the NDA & NA Examination in any circumstances once it is submitted.
viii. Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent Examination will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government
ix. Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
x. Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 24th June, 2022) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
xi. Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
xii. Those candidates, who have failed CPSS/PABT earlier, are now eligible for Air Force in Ground Duty branches if they fill their willingness in the Online Application Form available at the Commission’s website.
All Communications to the Commission should invariably contain the following particulars.
1. Name and year of the examination.
2. Registration ID (RID).
3. Roll Number (if received).
4. Name of candidate (in full and in block letters).
5. Postal Address as given in the application.
N.B. (i) : Communications not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
N.B. (ii) : If a letter/communication is received from a candidate after an examination has been held and it does not give his full name and roll number, it will be ignored and no action will betaken thereon. Candidates recommended by the Commission for interview by the Services Selection Board who have changed their addresses subsequent to the submission of their applications for the examination should immediately after announcement of the result of the written part of the examination notify the changed address also to :—
iii. For candidates with Army as first choice—Army Headquarters, A.G’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
iv. For candidates with Navy/Naval Academy as first choice— Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, OI&R Section, R. No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan,New Delhi-110011
v. Failure To Comply With This Instruction Will Deprive The Candidate Of Any Claim To Consideration In The Event Of His Not Receiving The Summons Letter For Interview By The Services Selection Board.
vi. After Having Cleared The Written Examination The Candidates Should Log On To The Following Websites For Their Ssb Centre & Date Of Interview
vii. Candidates whose names have been recommended for interview by the Services Selection Board should address enquiries or requests, if any, relating to their interview or visit website of respective service headquarters after 20 days from the announcement of written results as follows
viii. For candidates with Army as first choice—Army Headquarters, AG’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066, or joinindianarmy.nic.in
ix. For candidates with Navy/Naval Academy as first choice—Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, O.I. & R. Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or joinindiannavy.gov.in
x. Candidates are required to report for SSB interview on the date intimated to them in the call up letter for interview. Requests for postponing interview will only be considered in exceptional circumstances and that too if it is administratively convenient for which Army Headquarters will be the sole deciding authority.
Selection Procedure :
1. Announcement Of The Results Of The Written Examination, Interview Of Qualified Candidates, Announcement Of Final Results And Admission To The Training Courses Of The Finally Qualified Candidates:
2. The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion.
i. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
3. Two- Stage Selection Procedure
i. Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards.
ii. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of : (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
4. Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
5. To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion. Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for flying branch of Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS.
6. Subject to these conditions the qualified candidates will then be placed in a single combined list on the basis of total marks secured by them in the Written Examination and the Services Selection Board Tests.
7. The final allocation/selection for admission to the Army, Navy, Air Force of the National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be made upto the number of vacancies available subject to eligibility, medical fitness and merit-cum-preference of the candidates.
8. The candidates who are eligible to be admitted to multiple Services/Courses will be considered for allocation/selection with reference to their order or preferences and in the event of their final allocation/ selection to one Service/Course, they will not be considered for admission to other remaining Services/Courses.
9. SSB Test/Interview: 900
How to Apply :
1. Candidates are required to apply online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Detailed instructions are available on the above-mentioned website.
2. The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice
3. Candidate should also have details of one photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The same photo ID card will also have to be uploaded with the Online Application Form. This photo ID will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/SSB.
4. (i) The Online Applications can be filled upto 29th June, 2021 till 6:00 PM.
(ii) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 06.07.2021 to 12.07.2021 till 6:00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available
5. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsconline.nic.in) for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail id while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.